- Do you make petit-fours?
- Do you make sugar-free cakes?
- What precautions do you take for food allergies, such as peanuts?
- Are deposits required on cake orders?
- Do you issue refunds?
- I’m engaged, when do you recommend coming in for a wedding appointment?
- Can you decorate your cakes with licensed characters?
- Do you ship your cakes?
Do you make petit-fours?
We do not make traditional petit-fours. As an alternative, we offer individual cakes. Unlike petit-fours, they are rectangular pieces of cakes that are 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ in size and are only iced on top. An advantage to choosing our individual cakes is that they are bigger than a traditonal petit-four, which means there are more decorating options for your event.
Do you make sugar-free cakes?
Currently, we do not offer any sugar-free products.
What precautions do you take for food allergies, such as peanuts?
Miss Muff’n Bakery cannot guarantee that your food will not come in contact with allergens, such as milk, eggs, wheat, soybean, peanuts, tree nuts, gelatin and lard.
Are deposits required on cake orders?
All orders over $50 require a 100% non-refundable payment at the time of the orders placement.
Wedding cakes require a $200.00 non-refundable deposit and must be paid-in-full one month before the wedding.
Do you issue refunds?
No, we do not issue refunds.
I’m engaged, when do you recommend coming in for a wedding appointment?
We recommend brides make an appointment for a consultation and cake tasting at least 3 to 6 months in advance. Brides have until the month before the wedding date to finalize their orders.
Can you decorate your cakes with licensed characters?
Due to copyright laws, Miss Muff’n is unable to make cakes using licensed characters (ie. Disney, Sesame Street, Nickelodeon and .. etc.) unless a copyright release has been received from the copyright owner. If you would really like to order a cake with licensed characters you have two options:
- Contact the copyright owner to obtain a release for the one time use. (Please note that this may take some time and may be very expensive.)
- We can try to match the theme of your party as much as possible using colors, background items (ie. trees, buildings and etc..) and you may purchase accessories to place on the cake when you get home.
Also, when searching online for ideas for your cake, you may run across countless galleries from bakeries with beautiful licensed character cakes but unfortunately these cakes were either made with the copyright release which can run in the thousands of dollars, or without the copyright owners consent (illegally).
Do you ship your cakes?
No, at this time we do not. However, if you are visiting the Memphis area, we would love to have you come by our shop!